Charger logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continue to grow.
Charger Logistics Inc.is currently looking for a Driver trainer with safety experience to join our team in Laredo, Texas. The main responsibility for this position will be to provide support and training to drivers. The person in this position will work in a fast paced environment and will work closely with the safety and compliance department.
- Manages the recruitment process for drivers and constantly maintain a pool of prospective candidates.
- Source, recruit, screen, and interview (phone and in-person) experienced driver candidates via cold calling, e-mail, computer databases, and Internet recruiting resources
- Cultivate and sustain a positive culture, quality performance, safe environment, and a positive, professional driver experience
- Be knowledgeable of local labor market, processes and policies which relate to drivers.
- Assist qualified candidates in completing their employment applications, and ensure all necessary paperwork is submitted by the candidate.
- Manage drivers hours to minimizing overtime while still maintaining established customer service and delivery metrics
- Conduct background checks, perform road tests for drivers and provide them proper training as required.
- Ensures compliance with all company, client, OSHA, and Department of Transportation regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct, review and document facility safety inspections and assist in the correction of deficiencies.
- Investigates vehicle accidents and employee injuries. Prepares and submits related reports as required.
- Develops local accident and injury prevention plans & programs.
- Schedules and presents training/orientation programs. Conducts monthly employee/driver safety meetings.
- 3 to 5 years in safety & training (transportation industry preferred)
- Previous experience in driver training, recruitment and safety & compliance is an asset.
- Safety driven with expertise in HOS, DOT regulations, and driver welfare
- At least three years of truck driving experience is considered an asset.
- Must have solid understanding of the trucking industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.