Charger logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continue to grow.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual idea and strategies. We are currently expanding and looking to add a motivated individual to our team based out of our Brampton, ON office.
- Perform maintenance services, with the primary focus on all refrigeration unit such as Carrier and/or Thermo King commercial refrigeration equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers
- Read schematics
- Recharge systems with refrigerant and performing routine checks
- Perform preventative maintenance on trailers
- Maintain a clean working area free from dirt and debris between tasks and at end of day
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity, product quality, and safety
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency
- Ensure outputs meet production schedules, safety and quality standards, as well as customer needs
- Ensure compliance with company policies and standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery
- Other tasks assigned by supervisors or management
The successful candidate will be a motivated and conscientious team player capable of working in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and a minimum of five years’ experience on Thermo King and Carrier Reefers/heaters, along with the following skills and abilities:
- Five (5) years’ experience with Reefer and A/C units in the transportation industry the ideal candidate will have 5 plus (5+) years of experience working on Reefer and A/C units in the transportation industry and must hold a valid ODP Card.
- Experience and completed training on Thermoking or Carrier Reefer Units at the manufacturer or dealer level as well as experience working on refrigerated and heated trailers would be an asset
- Technical aptitude and interest in obtaining an apprenticeship
- Familiarity with vendors' technical bulletins
- Proficiency with all tools of the trade
- PC literate, reliable and team-oriented with solid customer service skills