Charger Logistics Inc. is a world-class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger Logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continues to grow.
We are currently looking to add a motivated individual that is able to work in a fast-paced environment to join our Shop/Maintenance team in Cambridge, ON.
- Manage shop area, warehouse, repair costs and equipment downtime to ensure work orders are being completed in an efficient manner.
- Handle and respond to inbound calls for both internal and external repairs/service.
- Review expense reports from mechanics and forward them to the Maintenance department for approval.
- Review all open service work orders in the system and ensure all the costs have been accounted for.
- Ensure accurate and real-time statuses on all work being performed in the shop.
- Manage all work orders, ensuring all charges are added, including mechanic labour hours and utilized parts
- Conduct quality inspections of equipment to ensure all government rules and regulations are adhered to and all required paperwork is completed.
- Work closely with external vendors to arrange outside maintenance and repairs with a focus on cost control.
- Maintain company database by filing repair orders, entering invoices and keeping records of upcoming repairs and inspections.
- Promote a strong safety culture within the Maintenance department by ensuring all facilities and equipment are maintained in proper working order and all maintenance concerns are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Work with a positive and professional attitude and communicate effectively and efficiently with customers.
- Travel to different company terminals might be required.
- 3+ years of experience managing a truck repair shop with in-depth mechanical knowledge.
- 310T license is required.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Strong computer skills, with intermediate abilities in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Ministry regulations, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and shop management practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefits Package
- Career Growth