Charger Logistics is a world class asset-based carrier. We specialize in delivering your assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature-controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are seeking a well-rounded individual able to work in a fast-paced environment to join the dispatch operations team at the company’s office in Woodstock, ON.
The position covers various aspects of line haul and city dispatching including communicating with drivers, customers and customs officials as well as reporting to the dispatch manager.
** Weekend Coverage required
**Shift: Morning/Afternoon available
- Coordinate and plan with department peers to dispatch the company’s resources effectively and efficiently
- Communicate specific freight requirements and procedures to drivers
- Communicate proactive updates to customers and resolve issues as they arise to best ability, escalating to the appropriate individual when necessary
- Update customer web portals with up-to-date load information
- Monitor and update shipment statuses on the company’s internal applications
- Analyze resource utilization and generate reports as needed
- 1-2 years of trucking industry and/or dispatch experience is an asset
- Freshers with excellent verbal and written communication with strong working knowledge of supply chain
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-stress situations calmly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations preferred
- Positive attitude with good people skills
- Good command of MS Office (Excel and Word) with an ability to quickly learn new software
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Career Growth