As a world-class asset-based carrier, we specialize in delivering your assets, on time and on budget. With our diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature-controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
We are looking for an organized and motivated individual to join our dynamic team as a Credit Analyst- Equipment Finance, for our Brampton, ON office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Processes credit applications up to the assigned level of credit authority and make prudent investment decisions.
- Refers to investment decisions for transactions above the assigned level of credit authority to proper credit personnel.
- Performs credit investigations and gathers routine credit information pertaining to leases and loans.
- Contact banks as needed to gather necessary references for credit investigations.
- Searches public records as necessary to obtain investment ratings.
- Analyzes financial statements and spreads on larger transaction sizes for 50K-2MM.
- Verifies existing customer exposure.
- Prepares credit write-ups for larger transactions.
- Reviews and approves collateral and vendors supplying equipment to be leased or financed.
- Accurately executes credit decisions in the system.
- Determines non-standard documentation requirements.
- Meets or exceeds credit decision turnaround time standards.
- Assists with department projects and other activities as assigned by the Manager.
- Assists with portfolio due diligence as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned, some of which may be essential to the position.
- Bachelors’ Degree in commerce, finance or accounting or related discipline is required
- Previous experience as a credit manager at least for 5 year required
- Previous experience as a credit manager with a leasing finance company dedicated to commercial vehicles and equipment preferred
- Experience in credit adjudication supported by well-developed skills in financial statement analysis, loan structuring and knowledge of effective risk mitigation strategies for credit underwriting
- Knowledge of equipment financing (transportation equipment), would be considered an asset
- A demonstrated passion for customer interaction and business development
- Superior analytical skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding, collaborative, team-driven environment
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Career Growth