Charger Logistics Inc. is a world-class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger Logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continues to grow.
We are currently looking to add a motivated individual able to work in a fast-paced environment to join our Shop/Maintenance team at our Brampton office.
- Analyze, diagnose problems, and make decisions on repairs. Decision on major repairs are to be done in conjunction with the Shop Manager.
- Coordinate all truck shop operations and personnel, specifically Mechanics, Lube Technicians, Apprentices, Shop Laborer’s, and Shop Foremen.
- Prepare and prioritize work orders and schedule service appointments accordingly.
- Handle and respond to inbound calls for both internal and external repairs/ service. Co-operate with any administrative requests for information.
- Delegate work to mechanics and laborers. Monitor and manage the Truck Apprenticeship program and employee progress.
- Review expense reports from mechanics and forward them to the Maintenance department for approval.
- Review all open service work orders in the system and ensure all the costs have been accounted for.
- Ensure accurate and real-time status on all work being performed in the shop.
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the parts room.
- Manage and track truck and trailer parts inventory and order parts as necessary.
- Clean, repair, recondition and maintain equipment and components when required.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for quality control, safety and vehicle availability.
- Strong computer skills, with intermediate abilities in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Must have had a minimum of 3+ years of experience in the service and repair industry.
- Strong mechanical background in all phases of truck/trailer repair and maintenance.
- College program in Truck and Coach/ Automotive/ Mechanical, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Career Growth