Charger Logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger Logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continues to grow.
We’re in search of an experienced Legal Assistant to join our team in Brampton. The Legal Assistant will have an immediate and lasting impact on our operations, guiding us toward positive outcomes with comprehensive legal research, document creation, and database maintenance.
- Prepare legal documentation, pleading, briefs, settlement agreements and writs
- Scheduling meetings, telephone calls, mediations, court attendance etc.
- Manage department files for legal services which includes opening, maintaining and closing files using file management software and filing of all applicable documentation.
- Manage tracking, monitoring and notifications and renewals for all current contracts pursuant to cross-business needs
- Support case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for meetings and court hearings
- Accurately review, proofread and assist with any materials, including documents, reports, memos, briefings, presentations, forms and other items ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Maintain and update internal legal files and documents.
- Post-secondary education in the legal field.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Paralegal or Legal Assistant is required.
- Having a paralegal license is considered a definite asset
- Previous experience with Small Claims Court
- Previous experience in transportation industry is considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with aptitude to learn new software quickly
- High level of detail orientation and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organization/document management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Career Growth