Charger Logistics is a world class asset-based carrier. We specialize in delivering your assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature-controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual idea and strategies. We are currently expanding and looking to add a motivated individual to our team based out of our Brampton office.
The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for managing the coordination of shipments by securing quotes and capacity with qualified carriers and proactively monitor the movement of freight to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Efficiently match available freight loads with available carrier options
- Build and track freight loads (FTL and LTL) in the Company’s Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Manage daily shipment activities, resolving issues to ensure pickup and delivery is on time
- Negotiate with trucking companies to select carriers
- Communicate regularly with truckers and carriers to build long-term, trusted partnerships.
- Negotiate pricing and prepare quotes for clients
- Maximize brokerage coverage by developing and maintaining excellent relationships with our clients and suppliers
- Complete Routings with all the appropriate documents to provide to our pickup / delivery agents, airlines and clients
- 1-3 years of freight forwarding/ 3PL experience
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for over the road and shipments moving international
- Experience working with FTL, LTL shipments.
- Support both customers and carriers daily to ensure satisfaction and operational excellence
- Self-starter with good judgment and can proactively manage up where appropriate
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations
- Time management/prioritization and follow-up skills
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Career Growth