Charger logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continue to grow.
Charger Logistics Inc.is currently looking for a Junior Driver Recruiter to join our team in Brampton, Ontario. The main responsibility for this position will be to provide support and training to drivers. The person in this position will work in a fast paced environment and will work closely with the safety and compliance department.
- Manages the recruitment process for drivers and constantly maintain a pool of prospective candidates.
- Source, recruit, screen, and interview (phone and in-person) experienced driver candidates via cold calling, e-mail, computer databases, and Internet recruiting resources
- Ensuring compliance of company’s safety policy and procedure by regular review meetings with staff and monitoring company’s CVOR-safety rating, driver vehicle inspections on monthly basis.
- Processing IRP applications and creating truck binder for owner operators by making sure all the truck authority documents are updated.
- Maintaining complete and accurate records of tractor and trailer maintenance files such as preventive maintenance bills for owner operator and company units as well.
- Efficiently manage documents of all trucks and trailer files with two years of annual inspections and repair bills with attached CVOR in each vehicle file and driver file.
- Reviewing CVOR, applying and renewing permits, IRP applications.
- Analyse and generate reports as needed.
- Perform other administrative and general tasks as they arise.
- Cultivate and sustain a positive culture, quality performance, safe environment, and a positive, professional driver experience
- Be knowledgeable of local labor market, processes and policies which relate to drivers.
- Assist qualified candidates in completing their employment applications, and ensure all necessary paperwork is submitted by the candidate.
- Manage drivers hours to minimizing overtime while still maintaining established customer service and delivery metrics
- Ensures compliance with all company, client, OSHA, and Department of Transportation regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct, review and document facility safety inspections and assist in the correction of deficiencies.
- Schedules and presents training/orientation programs. Conducts monthly employee/driver safety meetings.
- Previous experience in driver training, recruitment and safety & compliance is an asset.
- Safety driven with expertise in HOS, DOT regulations, and driver welfare
- Must have solid understanding of the trucking industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Career Growth