Charger Logistics is a world class asset-based carrier. We specialize in delivering our assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature-controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate excellent analytical skills to manage our inventory systems and audit our processes.
- Work collaboratively with different functional departments (Logistics, Operations Planning, Customer Service, Supply Planning) to execute improvements in the overall operations.
- Measure and monitor existing key processes for different customers with a heavy emphasis on current market trends, cost, profit & volume analysis and customer experience improvement.
- Leverage data to develop custom analytics/reporting tools using business intelligence tools such as Tableau.
- Conduct monthly analysis of P&L and investigate customer level performance according to volume, net revenue and margin trends.
- Participate in rate matrix reviews to ensure profitability and competitiveness for key accounts.
- Participate in rate calculations, report preparation and customer presentations for all large-spend bids.
- Perform detailed costing analysis and develop pricing options to present to Sales team for customer negotiations; use different pricing scenarios to rate shipments and compare net results
- Manage internal and external relationships to coordinate new & existing logistics initiatives and activities.
- Create, maintain, and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to reduce costs and improve overall operations process.
- College Diploma or University Degree
- Minimum 1-2 yrs experience in a similar role preferred
- Previous experience in the transportation/ logistics industry is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, with intermediate abilities in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to create detailed reports using different software
- Previous experience using Fleet Manager/Quick Books/Sage 300 is an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of inventory management systems
- Valid Driver's License is required
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare benefits
- Career Growth