As a world class asset-based carrier, Charger Logistics specializes in delivering your assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
As a Claims Specialist, you will work closely with our safety department in providing claim handling service and support, as well as with drivers to ensure to get them back on the road after an accident. You will act as a liaison between Charger Logistics and our insurer/ insurance company. You will investigate, negotiate, and settle claims based on insurer claims guidelines by estimating equipment and cargo damages, developing relationships with body shops and towing company to get accurate costs, and if required travel to accident scenes to facilitate clean-up and secure equipment.
- Adjust physical damage claims including unreported damage claims.
- Negotiates directly with insurance company adjusters, claimants, and third-party claimant representatives upon receipt of critical information.
- Discuss accidents, damage, preventability and processes with commercial vehicle operators.
- Maintain files for litigation, subrogation, physical damage, liability and workers compensation claims.
- Reporting of claims and accidents as necessary.
- Be available on-call for nights and weekends for serious accidents and other duties as necessary.
- Selects, directs and manages vendor relationships including towing companies, body shops, garage and parking/storage yards to get accurate costs as needed in settlement of claims
- Updating and posting payments for repairs.
- Order police reports, Set-up new claim files, confirmation of loss to insurer & broker
- Communicate with the Claims team as well as the Safety/Compliance team (and others as necessary) on any relevant items
- Associates Degree in a relevant field, or 3 years of experience in trucking, claims or safety and compliance is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Previous experience in commercial trucking industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills via telephone, email, and in person
- CIP courses preferred
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, customer service, and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to stay calm in crisis situations
- Competitive Pay
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Career Growth