We’re proud to say we’ve been named one of "Super Empresas Expansión 2023 Top Companies"
As a world class asset-based carrier, Charger Logistics specializes in delivering assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature-controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
Logistics services and management is a functionality within the business that will never disappear. For every truck on the road, there is a professional driver and teams of support staff ranging from logistics management, driver management, safety, and maintenance to support that unit. Our team is ever expanding, and we are looking to develop the next leaders in the logistics space. We offer the opportunity to learn and grow within this industry.
The individual will focus on sourcing, qualifying, and managing new carriers. In this role, the successful candidate will develop relationships with new carriers, identify their strengths, match their available capacity with existing lane needs, as well as negotiate rates and contracts. In addition, will be responsible for delivering results by maximizing carrier relationships, reducing cost, improving service, and increasing carrier capacity.
- Onboard new carriers – verify their background, validate authorities, licenses and contracts.
- Cold call new carriers and build relationships with new carriers.
- Monitor and compliance carrier performance utilizing carrier scorecards and hold carriers accountable for established KPI’s.
- Issue and manage corrective action plans.
- Utilize benchmarks to procure transportations services at rates that are competitive to the company.
- Act as the escalation point for carriers and internal teams to resolve service and operational issues, ensuring carrier capacity meets operational needs.
- Manage carriers to ensure compliance to government regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Documentation compliance and negotiate contracts + rate agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Logistics, Transportation, or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in logistics, transportation, supply chain management, brokerage.
- Experience negotiating with carriers and brokers across multiple modes of transportation.
- Experience working in a TMS and/or CRM.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; must have the ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively via email, phone, and during face to face meetings.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and function independently, within authorized limits.