Charger Logistics is a world class asset-based carrier. We specialize in delivering assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature-controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual idea and strategies. We are looking for an organized and motivated individual to join our dynamic team as an Accounting Specialist for our Brampton, ON office.
- Respond to customer requests & queries via phone and email in a professional and timely manner.
- Coordinating with other departments to make sure all paper work is thoroughly managed.
- Assist accounting with invoices, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Review all carrier invoices rejected because of accrual miss-match.
- Research rejected invoices and corrects process, carrier rates either internal within TMS or with carrier to ensure accrual matching.
- Provide continual process improvement within AR/AP to increase efficiency and workload capacity.
- Review, process, and evaluate bills or invoices for services rendered.
- Reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Compile and review require customs documentation, such as customs invoices, and certificates of origin (not limited to)
- Enter new orders into the system and maintain the customer portals with up to date information.
- Provide administrative support including generation of reports, presentations, policies and general correspondence documents.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports for internal review as well as per client requests.
- Other ad-hoc duties
- Bachelor's’ Degree in commerce, finance or accounting or related discipline is required
- 1-2 years of administrative logistics and service experience is an asset
- Experience in transportation industry is preferred.
- Efficient in spreadsheets, internet applications and ERP system.
- Must have thorough knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable accounting policies, journal entries and accruals.
- Knowledge of equipment financing (in particular transportation equipment), would be considered an asset
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, with the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Good time-management with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Career Growth