Charger logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continue to grow.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual idea and strategies. We are currently expanding and looking to add a motivated individual to our team based out of Brampton, Canada.
- Assist in defining and implementing procedures to be followed for vendor payments, invoices, purchase orders, contracts, travel expenses, utility payment and other similar transactions.
- Conducting Liquidity and Cash flow analysis, Bank payments (SWIFT, ACH, WIRE), Forex purchases, coordination with banks on new accounts set up, and other payment-related updates/queries.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payment, delayed payments and other irregularities and update payments / reconciliation in Quick Books.
- Investigate delinquent receivables accounts by communicating with customers via email and phone.
- Effectively communicate with external system support regarding payment escalations, payment status, ensuring that expectations are met within the stipulated turnaround time.
- Create and maintain daily spreadsheets, to monitor cashflow movements and projections of ACH and EFT payments, ensuring threshold requirement and liquidity standards are met using Microsoft Excel.
- Provide continual process improvement within AP to increase efficiency and workload capacity.
- Review and track critical payments across different systems and areas, follow up on outstanding invoices and collect all payments.
- Prepare and submit weekly outstanding receivables report.
- Provide daily feedback and participate in report preparation to be submitted to Senior Management.
- Notify management of collection disputes and escalation items and provide management with detailed status of aged receivables.
- Maintain and update customer files in the accounting system, conduct credit checks/ reference checks, record all cheques in customer files, coordinate with billing to ensure accurate invoicing.
- Auditing invoices, employee expenses and preparing journal entries and accruals.
- Assist in providing documentation on various financial transactions and metrics.
- Work with Operations and various outside providers to resolve billing issues.
- Bachelor's Degree concentrating in Business, Finance, Accounting, or similar field.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable/ Analytical role.
- Experience in the transportation industry is a plus. Experience working with international locations and business partners in Canada, the United States and Mexico is an add-on.
- A thorough knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable accounting policies, journal entries and accruals.
- Must have experience working with Quick Books and Microsoft Excel.
- The candidate must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational, verbal, and written skills.
- Ability to be an effective business partner to all regions and supporting departments.
- Ability to take full ownership of assignments and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to process large volumes of invoices and payments, while prioritizing competing tasks.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment are a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have the flexibility to handle various job assignments while prioritizing all assigned tasks.
- Competitive Salary
- Career growth