As a world class asset-based carrier, Charger Logistics specializes in delivering your assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
The Freight Claims Specialist is responsible for a variety of tasks, including reviewing and auditing freight invoices, initiate claims, processes and tracks refunds, developed and maintain outbound freight reporting and keeping accurate records of work performed.
- Provide supervision and leadership of claims related activities to achieve the best support and customer service for the Safety and Risk Management departments. Provide guidance to ensure timely decisions of best practice and optimal resolution.
- Initiate claims investigation by assessing each situation independently and taking action accordingly, including but not limited to, making effective and appropriate economic decisions by gathering sufficient data, documenting clearly, making calls and asking questions when/where necessary.
- Act as liaison and maintain internal communications between designated department personnel and leadership representatives, as well as field investigators, attorneys and other assigned vendors in serious incidents, freight damage/ loss to ensure timely and cost-efficient responses.
- Determine liability and applicable coverages through investigation of losses.
- Work with customers, carriers, and insurance companies to mediate and resolve freight claims.
- Liase and negotiate with customers & carriers and confirm compliance with tariff rules and contracts for claim resolution.
- Identify carrier/customer/product trends in loss/damage and propose solutions to resolve repeat issues
- Responsible for the daily execution of filing, reconciliation, and closure for all freight claims
- Act as a main point of contact for claims status updates/reporting
- Monitor carrier performance on claims by preparing daily, weekly or monthly reports with metrics on rate of loss/damage occurrence, value of loss/damage, rate of claim recovery occurrence, and value of claim recovery amount
- Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in FTL and LTL transportation, freight brokerage, or logistics industry required
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- knowledge of rules and laws governing freight claims
- Competitive Pay
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Career Growth