Charger logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continue to grow.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual idea and strategies. We are currently expanding and looking to add a motivated individual to our Tax team based in our Miami, FL office.
The Risk and Compliance Director you will be responsible for managing all aspects of risk to the organization, its employees, reputation, assets and interests of internal and external stakeholders. Specific risk areas include, corporate governance, insurance, information security, regulatory compliance, and operational risk.
- Design, implement and lead a global risk management strategy for the organization.
- Support the Legal Executive Board on embedding a risk aware culture.
- Establish and quantify the organization’s 'risk appetite' and ensure risk approach adheres accordingly.
- Review insurance policies to ensure accuracy and completeness of the coverage and policy documents and provide recommendations.
- Contribute to the development, analysis, placement, monitoring and renewal of insurance policies and risk transfer strategies and ensure adequate coverage of company exposure.
- Lead several insurance complex placements, which include placements in which captives are utilized.
- Perform technical analysis required to support major claims.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations whilst taking a commercial and practical approach to risk-based challenges and offer appropriate solutions
- Develop, lead and motivate the Risk and Compliance team to maximize effectiveness
- Ensure senior management remain informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes and how they impact the Group
- Provide regular reports to senior management and other relevant stakeholders detailing any current issues or information as required
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders
- Manage and coordinate the In-house Counsel team
- Conduct internal audits, including liaison with external auditors
- Provision of proactive and practical regulatory advice to business managers and support functions.
- Manage the successful delivery of compliance projects ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach. Support and lead on Group projects as assigned
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand the business requirement for projects, develop effective working relationships during project implementation.
- Experience dealing with regulatory environment both onshore and offshore covering all service lines offerings.
- Must be able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge and expertise covering conduct of business matters, corporate governance matters and regulatory risk and regulatory change matters.
- Practical and commercial approach to problem solving
- Experience of influence behaviors at all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of delivering enhancements to process efficiency
- Experience of leading and motivating a multi-jurisdictional, multi specialism team
- Comprehensive experience of US & Canadian regulatory environment
- Ability to produce and present effective presentations and training sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration, or legal (Master’s Degree preferred)
- International certifications in risk management and/or anti-money laundering, such as CIRM, CRCM, ICM, CAMS and CFCS
- 5-7 years of experience as head of a risk unit or senior management position
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry and regulatory environment
- Competitive Salary
- Career Growth