Charger logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continue to grow.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual idea and strategies. We are currently expanding and looking to add a motivated individual to our Tax team based in our Brampton office.
- Responsible for international corporate tax engagements involving advice on tax planning opportunities, worldwide tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues for business entities operating in different jurisdictions & countries.
- Implement corporate reorganizations for tax purposes including tax free rollovers, engagement planning, the development of step plans and building direct client relationships.
- Review of legal documents such as corporate minute books, articles of incorporation, purchase agreements, and amalgamation agreements to identify tax issues and opportunities.
- Liaise with tax advisors to oversee tax engagements, filings and compliance with tax authorities in the U.S. and Canada
- Provide tax consultation on transactions and corporate reorganizations which includes escalating significant issues for discussion with senior management, working with external advisors to minimize tax risks and resolving complex tax issues.
- Research and advise on the impact of changes to current tax legislation and provide relevant information on industry trends
- Collaborate with Internal Transfer Pricing Senior Manager on cross border projects.
- Analyze the calculation of inter-company charges from a transfer pricing perspective, including the development and annual maintenance of contemporaneous documentation.
- Manage and review the income tax compliance process across all jurisdictions to ensure timely filing with the assistance of external advisors as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate with senior leadership and risk management department on corporate structure changes and tax planning strategies.
- Planning and directing all aspects of the organizations tax planning and compliance program.
- Master’s degree specializing in taxation, CA, CPA Designated
- CPA accounting designation and completion of the CPA In-depth Tax Course.
- Completion of US CPA will be considered an asset.
- 8 or more years progressive tax experience
- Exposure to management of an international tax function at a head office level.
- Extensive working knowledge of corporate tax including consulting, compliance and research within International Tax.
- Working knowledge of transfer pricing tax concepts and tax efficiencies of cross-border flows.
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Career Growth