As a world class asset-based carrier, Charger Logistics specializes in delivering your assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo. We are currently expanding our operations in Monterrey, NL and are looking for an experienced Operations Manager.
The operations manager will be responsible for the success of the operations and customs team. The manager’s primary role will be to provide strong focus and direction to the team in all areas of operations (inbound, outbound and in-transit), customs and customer service.
- As the team leader, the Operations Manager is responsible for mentoring, coaching, staffing, carrier development, operations management, dispatch and customer support along with additional tactical functions.
- Be available to staff as a resource in their day-to-day management to help facilitate positive results and also provide continuous training support.
- Maintain close oversight of all internal activities that impact service obligations (carrier performance, last minute customer requests, resolution of delayed pickup/delivery, billing, etc.
- Effectively coordinate with Canada and US head office to ensure smooth running of the office and operations.
- Actively participate in problem resolution with the team members and different departments.
- 5-8 years of successful Operations or Customer Service Management experience
- Experience in the transportation / 3PL industry required
- Bachelor's degree in business, transportation or related field; or the equivalent a plus
- Proven leadership experience in fast paced environments with rapidly changing priorities
- Able to plan and organize well as an individual and as a team player
- Possess high levels of energy and initiative; strong work ethic and ability to self-manage
- Must have strong communication skills – in face to face, over the phone and written communications. Must be bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Possess good problem-solving skills - able to understand and meet customer needs (internal and external)
- Able to work an extended schedule including weekend activities as is necessary
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel functions is required;
Charger Logistics invests time and support in you to provide you the room to learn, grow and work your way up. An entrepreneurially minded organization where you’ll be given support and room to develop your own strategies. If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then we might be the place for you.
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Savings fund
- Life insurance
- International Training
- Career Growth
- Food coupons
In Charger Logistics we care about giving equal opportunities to each candidate and employee, we consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, medical condition, or disability.
We invest time and support in you to provide the room to learn, grow and work your way up. An entrepreneurially minded organization where you’ll be given support and room to develop your own strategies. If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then we might be the place for you.