Charger Logistics is a world class asset-based carrier. We specialize in delivering your assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature-controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo. Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual idea and strategies.
The Tax Specialist is
an integral member of the Finance Team and will participate in Canadian, US, Mexico and foreign tax compliance, HST/GST/QST filings, corporate tax payment and installment management, and other similar work. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow their skills in tax with exposure to the growing industry and to also build their tax knowledge through external learning and challenges in a new industry.
- Assist with Corporate Tax Returns Compliance
- Basic to intermediate level research (US, Canadian and Mexico)
- Work with the Accounting team on tax related matters for inter company transactions
- Working with Tax Manager to complete transactions, elections and other tax consulting projects.
- Prepare monthly PST, QST and HST returns for review
- Correspondence with CRA, Revenue Mexico, Canada and other tax authorities as appropriate
- Draft memos and other correspondence for manager review
- Provide tax input for annual forecast and budget, and financial statement analysis
- Assist with tax audits for multiple foreign subsidiaries and implement internal tax controls
- Manage due diligence projects and determine potential tax liabilities and exposures in everyday business transactions.
- Ability to interpret tax legislation as it relates to US federal, state and payroll taxes, Mexico Federal taxes and cross-border tax issues
- Completed 1 year specializing in US & Canadian corporate and direct taxes within a public accounting firm or industry.
- Experience with US domestic and international tax issues, including tax research;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- English is a must
- International Training
- Savings fund
- Life insurance
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Food coupons
- Career growth
- High competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus and Christmas bonus.