Charger Logistics is a world class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. We specialize in delivering your assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature-controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual idea and strategies. We are currently seeking a well-rounded individual able to work in a fast-paced environment to join the operations team and coordinate with them at the company’s office in Brampton, ON.
This role includes contractual and financial management of all professional services, purchasing, related to transportation and general procurement.
- Source goods, materials, and services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Act as an interface between relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects.
- Work with the Sales team to secure product for large quotes.
- Process requisitions and update inventory to ensure that stock is kept at appropriate levels.
- Report and update weekly price increases.
- Manage inventory and assist in the receipt of purchased materials and services.
- Track and communicate details pertaining to shipping, delivery, delays, and order status.
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve issues, product count variances, stock loss, quality control, and packing slips.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks when required.
- Provides technical expertise to support the negotiations of major/complex contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Account/Finance and/or Business is required.
- Need to be skilled at negotiating rates and service.
- 1-3 years of procurement analyst experience preferred.
- Experience working with transportation is an asset.
- Establish confident ability to communicate with vendors and internal associates.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-stress situations calmly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage multiple, concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations for over the road and shipments moving international.
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations.
- Self-starter with good judgment and can proactively manage up where needed.
- Time management/prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Strong analytical skills. Good command of MS Office (Excel and Word) with an ability to quickly learn new software.
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Career Growth