As a world class asset-based carrier, Charger Logistics specializes in delivering your assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature-controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
The carrier sales representative is responsible for curating and developing strategic business partnerships with outside service providers and owner-operators.
This position requires a unique personality and skill set. The possibilities for growth are endless and completely determined by your own efforts and work ethic.
- Develop capacity solutions to effectively support the customers.
- Manage load boards to match freight with carrier capacity.
- Manage a portfolio of carriers and develop strategic relationships with carrier partners in all geographies.
- Prepare quotes and effectively negotiate rate for logistics.
- Accurately enter, process and follow up on orders and requests via phone, email and EDI, in a professional manner
- Conduct calls with carriers to determine carrier availability and negotiate transportation rates.
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers.
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts including conducting account reviews and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration
- College or bachelor's degree.
- Previous experience in Brokerage/ dispatch/ sales is an asset.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have good understanding of North American geography.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and adapt to changing rules, regulations and procedures.
- Proven ability to persuade and motivate the team.
- Competitive Pay
- Health care benefit
- Employee Assistance