Charger Logistics is currently seeking a Dispatch Coordinator to join our team based out of our Brampton office.Charger Logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger Logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continue to grow.
Charger Logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual idea and strategies. We are currently expanding and looking to add a motivated individual to our team based out of our Perrysburg,Ohio office.
- Plan loads and routes for the drivers and schedule their pick up and delivery appointments
- Coordinate and organize the delivery runs in a way that ensures improved transit times.
- Use knowledge of North American geography to research and determine the most cost efficient and economical routes
- Assist dispatchers in troubleshooting and resolving day-to-day issues and activities.
- Monitor route and work productivity, report on trends and recommend changes to continually improve productivity and routing efficiency
- Ensure proper communication with the drivers and the customers and ensure customer portals are constantly updated.
- Ensure accurate data for new customers and review post route performance and make adjustments to service time and time windows
- Manage Customs (PARS/PAPS/ACE/ACI) documentation and records (relevant contract requirements, route changes, relevant maps and driver details)
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain Management and/or Business is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Transportation and/or as a Dispatcher is required
- Experience dealing with FTL and LTL shipments
- Extensive knowledge of North American geography
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with the aptitude to learn new software quickly
- Problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working with Fleet Manager is considered an asset