Charger logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continue to grow.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are looking for a Voice Engineer to support and design our global voice and wireless networks. Successful candidate will need to have working knowledge of voice over IP, and Cisco wireless.
- Architect and support global voice over IP systems, manage and optimize voice and data contracts.
- Designs Cisco switch, router, firewall, VPN and wireless solutions.
- Secure and optimize wireless networks.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Continuous improvement of new and existing processes and solutions
- Design, configure, and troubleshoot network and telecommunications Infrastructure equipment, phones and other peripheral equipment.
- Work with internal business teams to design and improve call flows to improve the experience of our internal and external customers.
- Design, configure and troubleshoot QoS classification, marking and prioritization of network traffic (voice, critical applications, etc.).
- Configure route plans, route lists, device profiles, calling search spaces, and partitions.
- Documents and maintains information related to the administration of the network. This includes but is not limited to creating and maintaining documentation for network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree preferred
- 4 years or more of related work experience in network administration working with Cisco routers, Cisco switches and Cisco ASA firewalls
- CCNA or CCNP a plus
- Strong understanding of various Protocols & Technologies: TCP/IP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, BGP, OSPF, VOIP, DHCP, DNS, IPv4, Telnet, SSH, SIP, MPLS, POE, OSI Model
- Knowledge of Visio and other documentation applications
- Familiar with the Microsoft technology stack
- Experience with ticketing and asset management or similar software
- Project Management experience a plus
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be organized
- Should have a team-oriented attitude, solid interpersonal skills and be self-driven
- Rotational or on-call support will be required